Hospital to Home Solutions
We understand the major pressures placed on the NHS to discharge patients quickly but safely. We also appreciate that there are limited resources available to ensure patients needs can be fully met throughout being discharged to coping at home.
Sometimes a patient / service user is going home for the first time in weeks if not months; their familiar surroundings could become unfamiliar. Which could lead to them being disorientated and even fall.
What the Boomerang Healthcare Team can do to help:
- Involve our own Physio and Occupational Therapists in the discharge planning
- Provide the patient with a full ‘Hospital to Home’ package including collection in our own Ambulance, settling in of the patient/service user into their home, have their carer present as well as ensuring the care plan includes the required Physio and Occupational Therapy to avoid re-admission.
- We provide accompanied out of hours discharges – The patient/service user will never go back to an empty home with our discharge service.
- Provide an emergency, short / long term package of care
- Emergency end of life care discharges from Hospitals / Hospices to the patient’s home. A dedicated, end of life care specialist will provide the required support
We will always put you at the centre of your care and support plan. The care you receive completely revolves around you and your personal care needs, lifestyle, likes and interests. Also, we build it with instruction that you provide us on how you'd like your care to be delivered. So, we will discuss the options available and help you choose a carer you feel most comfortable with. Because we cover the whole range of flexible home care options, your support can easily grow and lessen if or when your needs change.